Friday, July 2, 2010

A telephone response

Here we go after yet another exasperating series of telephone calls to RBS, on the penultimate call I was cut off and was unable to get back in contact with the representative (this surprised me as they asked me all the security stuff at the start of the call, name, age, inside leg measurement etc). One would have thought they could have found my number and called me back! Oh well another black mark for their record which is becoming a collage of the sky at night on a particularly cloudy starless night!

I tried calling again but was greeted with a nonplused "I have no idea who you were talking to (I gave her the name) and she could not put me through because she did not have a number!

Well, at 4pm today I received a very polite, intelligent and enjoyable call from a lady called Corinne who works on Paul Geddes' executive team. I think I managed to get across the very kernel of why was pursuing this issue. If it's broken then fix it, if you don't know how then investigate (don't just pay lip service to the complainant).

Although my chronic pain and post accident cognitive issues deny me the opportunity to work I am happy to lend my assistance to RBS et al for the greater good!

The mission remains the same though, customer apathy in the art of complaining is rife and I intend to help stamp it out, "together" the customer is king.

I was promised a direct response from Mr Geddes, I wait with baited breath. I shall expect a response from my local MP even with his addendum role to representing me in Parliament. My my, you know your getting old when the Chancellor of the Exchequer is 4 years your junior, he doesn't even look like a copper!

Before getting the "good" contact with the exec office at RBS I did have a run in with a telephone operative of theirs who could do nothing but interrupt me. I even told her she was rude and to let me finish my sentence. She took no notice. She shall be known as Jilly in ORTT and I send my sincere sympathy her partner, she's in the wrong job, no aptitude for customer contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment